3/5/07

JOB-SECURING RESUME

My wife Nancy and I were discussing a new van to transport children to church. And maybe an extra driver too!

“You know who would make a good driver?” I said. “Frank would.” Nancy laughed, “You’ve never even met Frank.”

“No, but I like his resume.” Actually, this is about all I know about Frank:

Shortly before Christmas, Wal-Mart was packed. As Nancy paid for her items, she recognized a smiling teenager helping a man in a wheel chair. “He was having a great time.” She didn’t know the young man’s name, but had seen him a few times at her ministry-- The Free Store. They exchanged greetings. He departed Wal-Mart ahead of her.

Nancy located her car as a small truck drove up. The same young man hopped out, asking if she needed held. Then he said, “God told me to give you this.” Surprised, Nancy thanked him, “What’s your name.” she asked. “Frank.” Matter-of-fact serious, he repeated: “God told me to give you that.”

“Your ears will hear a word behind you, saying: This is the way-- walk in it.”

Once in her car, Nancy unrolled three twenty-dollar bills. She nearly laughed out loud, feeling awe for God mixed with gratitude towards Frank. He was unaware that Nancy had just spent $62.30 on supplies for a Christmas party at the Free Store to benefit needy families.

I told you, Frank has a great resume. He hears from God. Immediately does what God tells him to do. Serves people.

Incline your ear and come to Me. Hear and your soul will live.”

Frank’s resume also includes one Friend as a personal reference. Jesus said, “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.” Only a true friend of Jesus will possess this type of job-securing resume.

How’s your resume looking?

No comments: