7/14/07

IS THERE CAPPUCCINO IN HEAVEN?

“I hope they have cappuccino in Heaven,” Tyler said. I almost laughed, frowning at the same time. It was a funny statement, but I was wondering if it was wise for an eight-year old to be a cappuccino consumer.

Tyler was looking at me, wondering if I knew if there was cappuccino in Heaven. A response immediately popped into my head. “Tyler you’re shooting way too low with your expectations of Heaven.”

Tyler’s church attendance has been spotty most of his life, so he’s limited on his biblical knowledge of heaven. His pinnacle of heavenly beverage magnificence-- a gas-station vending machine beverage; was understandable.

Pondering my concept of Heaven, I had to ask myself: “Are my expectations too low?” How about yours?

Tyler, here are three Bible verses which reveal a small glimpse of Heaven.

Revelation 21:4, “God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain.”

Revelation 21:18, “The construction of its wall was of jasper and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.”

Revelation 21:23, “The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminates it. The Lamb (Jesus) is its light.”

That’s just the beginning. It will take an eternity to discover all that God has prepared for those who love Him. And there may be cappuccino. Can you imagine how heavenly it will be?

All this is insignificant compared to the eternal question. Are you going?

Jesus said: “Come! And let him who hears: Come! And let him who thirsts: Come! Whoever desires let him take the water of life freely.”

That Water of Life is Jesus. And Jesus says to each one of us…Come!

No comments: