11/19/07

IS THE REVIVAL TRAIN COMING?

“Revival, revival, revival.” I’ve heard the talk regarding an impending, sweeping revival for years. Many highly-respected, well-known Christians have made these proclamations.

One Sunday morning my pastor was all excited. The evening before he had been listening to a favorite song on a repeat loop. A portion of the lyrics say, “I can hear that thunder in the distance. Like a train on the edge of town. I can feel the brooding of Your Spirit. Revive us. Revive us.”

Sunday morning our song leader, unknown to my pastor, had selected the same song. Pastor Gordy referenced the train-on-the-edge-of-town lyrics as a parallel to his sensing that a significant revival was near.

So is there a massive revival arriving in the near future?

There’s a train track twelve miles from my home. I hear the train early in the morning. It’s on the move. But it’s never coming to my house.

Like the train, intense passion for God is always on the move somewhere. People who vividly sense God is right there with them everywhere they go, are always alive. Love for God and love for people flows distinctly from some people. The hallmarks of revival are always rumbling.

God says, “Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you.” God desires for you to be vibrantly near Him; much nearer than you’ve ever been. Your desire must be the same towards God.

Hearing revival rumblings in the distance isn’t good enough. Draw near to God. Far, far near than you’ve ever been. Go after God with more tenacity than you ever have. God promised He would then come close-- magnificently close to you. You’ll be revived.

Then you’ll be on board. And this will stir others with a passion to also draw near to God.

It’s your move.

No comments: