11/18/06

A MESSAGE FROM GOD

“I think the Lord was speaking to me,” Marilyn told me.

This happened mid-afternoon while she was lying on her bed. The last few days had not been pleasant. Once again depression gripped her emotions combined with a bout of illness.

A breeze wafted in through the half open window. The pages of her Bible, which was open on the bed, fluttered. Marilyn thought: “That’s weird.” Looking down, her eyes connected with a Bible verse. “After you have suffered a while you will be restored to joy and happiness,” Marilyn said. “Well, something like that.”

It was just what she needed—a message from God. Marilyn has endured more physical and emotional health issues than almost anyone I know.

I was excited: “Wow, that’s really something. Where is that verse at in the Bible?” She said, “I’m not sure, but I will find it for you.” A couple of days passed. Then I asked her again about the verse’s Biblical location. Marilyn replied, “I guess I lost it.”

I have done the same thing. I have read scriptures that were like fireflies flashing on the page. The very words invigorated my spirit. With time, I would let the life-changing verse fade away from memory. Or the piece of paper I wrote it on ended up a withered piece of trash.

The Bible says: “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” We falter, forget and fail; yet God and His Word are continually active.

Lost your message from God? Or maybe you have never received one. Pray this: “God I need a message from You.” Now don’t wait for the wind to blow your Bible open. You open the Bible. And read. God has a message for you.

Don’t lose it.

No comments: